15 February, 2013

Bitch Goddess for Dummies


Title:                     Bitch Goddess for Dummies
Author:                Maya Sharma Sriram
Price:                    INR. 195/-
Publisher:            Rupa Publication
Genre:                  Fiction
Pages:                  249
 
From the blurb
Tired of being a pushover and a wimp, Mira Iyer decides to change her life forever. Thus begins Project Bitch Goddess. She junks her Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes image and brings out the killer stilettos. She demands her boss’s attention, and the next promotion, and matches her crafty colleague, the impossibly beautiful Sanya, move for move. But when Mira starts playing mind games with the suave Rohan-whom Sanya is also desperately trying to woo-things threaten to go too far. Then, Mira’s half-sister lands at her doorstep, and compels her to confront her estranged father-and her long-closeted inner demons. Will the snappy Bitch Goddess Rules come to Mira’s rescue, or leave her scarred?
Set in Singapore and India, Bitch Goddess for Dummies is edgy, replete with dark humour and a powerful antidote for those who must suffer because they are too nice.
What I didn’t like about the book?
-        You need to look good to attract a man? Come on who is more vain Men or women?
-        You need to be a bitch to be successful?
-        The protagonist sounds confused to me at places more than one. I mean you are hooking up with a guy to get back at your office colleague and willingly give away your virginity to him and still believe that you are playing the game cleverly? Come on!
-        It is a  typical chick lit
What I liked about the book?
-        Fast pace
-        Has all the necessary ingredients of a chick lit & makes no pretence of being literary fiction. The author is out to entertain you and does it well.
-        The characters are lovable & relatable to some extent
-        It is a typical chick lit. Hehehehe ya being a typical chick lit is good n bad. Bad because you know the course which this book will run and good because you know this is for fun & there is a happy ending round the corner.
All in all a time pass book, do read it if you like chick lits and are looking for a time pass read.
My Rating: 3.5/5

4 comments:

  1. Will see if I can lay my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will give this one a miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the crisp review...won't pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I will give this a miss. Not exactly my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete

Bolo Bolo Tell Tell...

Share This Post