05 May, 2013

May Photo A Day : Day 5 : Paper

I thought a lot about what to post in papers! Even clicked some pictures of newspaper in my bag (which I carry daily with me), clicked some random paper pictures but wasn’t satisfied. Then I thought of sneaking into the cabin of few of my colleagues to take a picture of their messy desks but well that wouldn’t have been legal!

And then I remembered this.


These are the papers that we had submitted to SBI for our home loan. So many papers we gave them!!! They asked for a document and we promptly provided it. They lost few crucial papers and we gave them again. For what?

I have written at length about the whole thing in this post. But if I have to summarise, we had applied for a home loan with them and after holding onto the file for 1.5 months they finally agreed to give us a loan much less than what we were eligible (as per them) for because their valuator had valued our property at much less a price (all because method of calculation was different). I cannot tell you how nightmarish that period was and I would never want to go through that again. This file here reminds me how lethargic or public sector can be if it wants.

It also reminds me that buying a house in Mumbai is not a cake walk, especially if you are a salaried employee who has neither any source nor any inclination to stock black money. I have a series under Home Search Chronicles, you can read them here Part I, II, IIIIV & V to learn more about buying a house in Mumbai.

15 comments:

  1. OMG!! So many papers for loan, i am fainting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God! That's quite a big fat file! We have a bitter experience with SBI too... they are simply outdated and so lethargic in their attitude, still.
    Nice one for the prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand...these type of paperwork can be so taxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! Can understand what a relief it must be now to have put that period behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-/
    I remember the number of documents we had submitted too!! ugh! our loan agent was a good-for-nothing fellow!!
    But, the bank manager was a nice guy and it worked out ok for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hv always found SBI nightmarish !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! Don't u just love filling up all forms & stuff in triplicates! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta read your house ownership series! Thinking of buying my own soon.

    Akhil Kalsh. Http://1hw.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. again a unique idea ! Can see ur pain in that stack of posts. My god U WROTE so many posts for houses in MUmbai
    WIll read when I get time
    good luck with loan and house !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha this SBI file is legendary now! Good one :-)
    I have reached back home. I am going to dig out something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember reading about your home loan woes very well. These papers must be quite a grim reminder for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can understand....home loan is a @#$%^

    We took one few years back...now somehow thinking of upgrading our property but those rough home loan approval procedure days is pulling us back from applying more loan :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats!!!! happiness came at the long wait!!! :) though Govt is known and outstanding example for lethargic ")

    ReplyDelete
  14. Filing for home loan is scaring the day lights out of me. Why is so much work needed :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmm i know.. there is saying in tamil, just writing the essence of the saying, " do a marriage and see, construct a house and see, what life is?".

    ReplyDelete

Bolo Bolo Tell Tell...

Share This Post