01 July, 2013

UBC Day 1 - What we did for the weekend!!!

I am a very-very impulsive person and a proof of my impulsiveness is this post.

This morning when I had logged onto my PC I was buzzing with ideas about how-soon to finish off my month beginning reports. After checking my mails I decided to log on to Bloglovin. After demolishing posts after posts I hopped onto Shilpa's blog. I was in for a surprise, the brave lady has taken on another challenge. She has committed to posting everyday for this whole month. The challenge is called " Ultimate Blog Challenge July '13".

The Ultimate Blog Challenge is a virtual event for bloggers held every quarter – January, April, July and October. The goal is to write and share a new blog post every day during the challenge month. It’s hosted by Michele Scism & Michelle Shaeffer, two entrepreneurs and bloggers who several years ago discovered the amazing power of blog challenges and decided to create the UBC to get more bloggers connected and motivated to succeed!


Wondering why am I putting all this up? Well I have decided to be brave like Shilpa. You know I came to know Shilpa through Blogadda's Premium Blogger Program? I don't know what is happening with that program but thanks to it I met Shilpa, I connect very well with her, I feel we are like minded and in just few months I have made a bond with her which matters a lot to me. It was she who had convinced me into joining the Photo A Day Challenge in May, mind you she never asked me to join it but I just followed her :D So I have decided to repeat the act of following.

So gear up, tie your seat belts because I am in for this challenge. I might write some incidents, I might post a book review, I might fool around but I am here to stay for this month :D

Changing the gears, What did you do this weekend?

Mine was quite relaxed, I hardly did anything because I am suffering from severe cold (had a flowing nose, severe body ache etc) but yes we did visit a family friend of ours. The only highlight of the visit was Arnav asking the host, "tumhara baccha kahan hai?" Errrr we took him there with a promise that there would be a kid and when he didn't find one for 10 minutes he decided to take matters in his hands ;-)

Other than that In Laws celebrated their Marriage Anniversary this Saturday, here is an image from that day


After cutting the cake (Egg less Fruit Nd Nut cake, it turned out yummy! will share the recipe soon) we went to ISKON temple, spent some time inside the temple and then had dinner there. All and all a relaxed evening it was and most importantly we did something which my In Laws enjoyed.

36 comments:

  1. Oh my! I don't think I can commit to 30 day writing challenges...photo challenges are fine because I do them on Instagram and don't really have to write about it but given how busy I am daily posts are out of question. Good luck with UBC and looking forward to reading your posts! :) Nice cake!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of I need all the luck in this world. The photo challenge was easy for me coz it gace a theme!! Out here I am on my own!!! Lets see how I manage ;-)

      Delete
  2. You guys are brave! I have given up on everyday posting challenges. It consumes me totally, and then I have time for little else:) And this month is packed with work for me..All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't know how n why I gave in to this challenege...may be it was the sun position ;) now lets see if I can see it thru!

      Delete
  3. Good ....and best of luck. But I will not be able to read much bcoz I am taking my yearly break. So milte hain break ke baad maybe in September. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September?? That long a break? U will be in India?

      Delete
    2. Oh yes India :)
      Will return in Augusy mid but then the kid will be at home till september so....

      Delete
  4. Wow u are doing that too? U girls tempt me by ganging up like this :P
    I had so gotten used to posting everyday last month that I was feeling a void when I woke up today ;)

    Gud luck :) And best wishes to the in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had felt that void when I was done with May CHallenge but I didn't take because it wasn't challenging enough for June! Now this is something different so I have taken the plunge :D

      Thanks and do join in :)

      Will pass the wishes

      Delete
  5. My comment - did u get that, or is it gone?:(

    Anyway, I wished u luck and said that u girls are tempting me into this too by ganging up in the fun :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!!! It is very much there re :)

      Delete
    2. Hehe blogger did not tell me that when I posted again :P

      Delete
  6. You know, I also joined up for the challenge which is totally unlike me...Probably I will flunk..But let me give a try...What say?

    And you are totally my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r in too? High five! And those are my sentiments also, if it happens it happens otherwise what difference does it make :)

      Delete
  7. So was there supposed to be a kid there, or did you just say that to make him tag along? :P
    I'm looking forward to the recipe for this cake, by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course there was a kid!! In fact there were two but one was ill & other had gone out to play :)

      Will post on my food blog :)

      Delete
  8. So you are in too! :) And we meet again for a challenge after the May Photo A Day challenge :)
    I had a relaxed weekend doing absolutely nothing ;) Okay, I had to cook ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooking is so much a part of our day that we take it as what u say daily ritual :D

      And yes we meet again :)

      Delete
  9. Am so glad that we are doing this together, again! I am sure it will be fun, like last time! Thanks for the mention... am happy that our paths crossed...
    LOL @ tumhara baccha kahan hai? Arnav is too cute!
    Belated anniversary wishes to your parents in-laws! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is fun SHilpa otherwise I know whom to blame ;-)

      Will pass on the wishes :)

      Delete
  10. looking forward to that recipe....and happy the blogging challenge brought me here... it's my first attempt at writing every day...and yes shilpa's been my inspiration to join this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will post the recipe on my food blog soon :)

      I have done something similar in May where we were to put a photo every day but I added words at my own will :) Looking forward to reading you this month :)

      Delete
  11. I am a fool to even consider doing that! But I will just stay away. I have too many book reviews pending and I will just post without getting into the challenge. I CANNOT post everyday. I just accepted it. But of course, I look forward to reading you everyday. Bring it on :)
    Kids are so innocent. They haven't learnt the ways of the world and that makes them soooooooooo adorable. Arnav is gonna be 3 soon, isn't he? What plans? Did I tell you I keep referring to your rainbow cake recipe, with ot without the colors whenever I bake a cake. I also told you, I am gonna be making that rainbow cake for my son's second birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr u have me confused, here u say u are not into this challenge and then u update your blog that u r in it!!! Huh!! I am taking that u r in!! Period!!! U just need ppl like me to push/encourage you so here I am :P

      Ya next month....this time I am making a train cake for him...I mean that's the plan for now..lets see...

      Yes u did, that cake is so simple and yet to beautiful na? And that basic recipe is one of the bestest that I have come across!!! But even this recipe is very simply & tasty...willl share soon...

      Delete
  12. I first read abt challenge on shilpa's blog and now you too..
    I m tempted to join too :-)
    And given the fact tht i didnt write single post after May challege..i m more eager to join as blogging marathon only gear me to write...otherwise i feel too lazy to post :-)
    Arnav is too cute...you shd not commit false things to smart boy :-)
    Belated happy anniversary to your inlaws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do join in re :) It will be fun!

      I did well last month....16 posts!!! :D

      It wasn't false re....there were kids but just no visible at that time :D

      Will pass on ur wishes :)

      Delete
  13. I came to know about this challenge from her blog too and joined the bandwagon. Although my PC has rebelled and I don't know how I'll complete this challenge. Anyways, I wish you all the best for it. :)

    Btw, 'tumhara baccha kahan hai', just made me giggle. Kids say the funniest things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to my space :)

      And good to have one more in the write tribe :D All the best for the challenge :) & thanks for ur wishes!!!

      Funniest when it isn't ur kid who says these things :)

      Delete
  14. All the best for the blog challenge!

    LOL @ Tumhara baccha kahan hain? Serves you right for lying to him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      And we didn't lie to him....they had two kids...but since they didn't come out immediately he decided to ask :D

      Delete
  15. All the best for the challenge! I am so tempted. Best wishes to your in laws. Tumhara bachcha kaha hai! So cute! Things kids say.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to take part too!
    Else, I won't write at all!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha...glad Arav didn't come to my home and ask that question! I would have to bring out Pablo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It seems like we all got bitten by the same impulsive bug! Good luck. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the best Smita.. and keep 1 post for the fruit N nut cake recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's nice of you to plan a nice celebration for your in-laws... LOL at "tumhara baccha kahan hai?"

    ReplyDelete

Bolo Bolo Tell Tell...

Share This Post