04 February, 2014

Title-less!!!!!

I don't know what's happening this year, I mean I have blogged so sporadically that I am ashamed. I don't write here, I don't comment on other blogs, don't reply to the comments of people who take out time to comment on my posts. Your support is unwavering and my absence equally irritating. The reasons for my absence are the usual suspect, too much work everywhere, too less time and a little of no interest. I come in with a brainwave, open the draft, write a few lines and then chuck the idea. Somehow that drive to quickly publish a post has vanished. I am scared to open my Blogloving dashboard because it has 165 unread posts (it was 300+ last week all thanks to daily postings of my lovely bloggers but I MAARoed them all!! "Mark All As Read"). It feels odd to have lost touch from here. I miss this space!!! Sigh!!!

January has been quite hectic for us, with shifting, settling down and then Arnav falling sick, it has been a tough month. Time just flew by and I discovered a side of me; I can speak in public if I really want to. There were some issues in our society; there was a lot of negativity and in one of the Monthly meeting I spoke my mind. I had a lot bottled up and I just gave it an outlet. Most of the people there were older to me but I didn't lose my cool and managed to hold every body's interest. Last but not the least, I was ruthless. This was a side I never knew I had. I have an opinion on every thing but I am scared to speak in public, so a pat on my back for this. This outburst also made me feel lighter.

Last week it was our turn to send food for Arnav's school and we chose the mighty task of making aloo paratha's and a chocolate cakes. We made 40+ paratha's. Yep! you have read it right!!! That day I woke up at 4 AM, Peeled & cut the potatos, then made the masala. MIL made the dough and later she rolled the paratha's out and I cooked them on two tawa's. We were dead tired by the time we were done but the feedback from school made up for the killer mehnat. Kids loved both the things and the dabbas were polished off.

*Rant Alert*

Something happened last month which had my blood boiling but unfortunately I could do nothing besides ranting against it. There was this Nirankari Sant Samagam at Kharghar which had thrown the lives of Aam Junta for a toss. What had happened was that to cater to the people coming for this Samagam the government had diverted most of the State Transport buses towards Kharghar. There would be people standing on the highway for the bus to arrive but every bloody bus would have "Samagam" written on it. A bus would come after 1/2 hour but it would be too full and would just pass by. Those 5 days were so hellish that I can not tell you. I reached late most of the time and would be boiling with anger. Bloody hell!!! They arranged travel facilities for the people attending the Samagam at the cost of daily office going commuters. Unfortunately this thing can Happen only in India. Government gets away with anything.

*Rant Finished*

Phew!!! What else....I will try to be more regular here!!! How have you guys been?

14 comments:

  1. I dont say this often 2 u but today I must.. u r doin a fabulous job wid all that u do on a daily basis! Wat I luv n respect u d most 4 is d fact dat u nvr crib n r always thr 4 d ones u love!! U always tk things in ur stride, adjust, accomodate or kick ( lol ) n move on..u DO live life 2 d hilt! V all get it that itz been crazy 4 u lately n r always gonna b around! M sure blogging is gonna be bk on track soon! Keep inspirin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs hugs and hugs for this super comment!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hugs Smita!!
    You are indeed superwoman ya! Making 40 parathas!! Whew!!

    and the bus diverting thing is very irritating!! Sigh!

    Glad to know you spoke out! Sometimes, we need to just to feel lighter!
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No re not a superwoman!! :(

      {{{hugs}}}

      Delete
  3. Gosh! You are having a terribly busy time. Dont worry... settle down, take your time, relax and then get back to your blogging.
    Bhai, you and your MIL are awesome... now along with yours, I must touch her feet too. Hats off to you for taking such strenuous tasks. Making 40 stuffed paranthas is not an easy task. Simple things kyun nahi banate tum log!!
    More power to you... dont accept any nonsense in your society. Voice your opinion strongly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life main simple kuch nahin hai madam :D Once I made paav bhaaji thinking its simple but cutting 1 kg of veggies?? not simple :D

      Delete
  4. Good to see a post from you after a long time :) You made 40 parathas! wow! By the way, I use your trick that you put in your food blog for making parathas. Earlier my parathas would break and sabji would leak out. I have finally learnt how to make parathas, thanks to you :)
    Take your time and come back to blogging when you have some free time at hand :) Missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah!!! Good good!!! My Mom had taught me that trick :)

      Yep ma'am I am slowly crawling back here :)

      Delete
  5. You are still a superwoman lady. Atleast you are writing something. I haven't written anything in this year and we are already in the second month. I am in the middle of a huge writer's and reader's block! I am not even taking review copies, haven't written any book reviews too :-( sob sob
    But yes I am doing a major decluttering at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes I am trying to come back here!!! A post a week to two a week!!! And yes you have been missing from your whatsapp also!!!! Where are you busy? Decluttering?? Madam how much can you clean your already clean house?? Drop in at my place and help me now :D

      Delete
  6. Hugs...I can totally understand..Hope you will be back soon with full gusto. Love reading you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 40 aalu paratha... Wowww you the patience. Ahh the.govt and the transport... The less said the better. Keep writing girl.

    ReplyDelete

Bolo Bolo Tell Tell...

Share This Post